PhotoSynthesis offers workshops in a variety of photographic disciplines, with an emphasis on historical processes. Most of our workshops are capped at six participants, so you can be sure to have the best learning experience possible. PhotoSynthesis and Burnside Darkroom Collective members receive a 10% discount on all workshops. Please consult our membership page for more information.
For those who prefer one-on-one instruction, please contact us to arrange for private sessions. Pricing details for Tutoring & Consultation can be found here.
Please consult our Workshops Policy.
Fall workshops coming soon!
Future possible workshops include:
- Intro, Intermediate, or Advanced B&W Darkroom
- Hand Coloring
- Alternative and Historical Processes
- Pinhole and Primitive Cameras
- Batteries not Required—Image Making Unplugged
- Digital Negatives for Contact Printing
- Mat Cutting and Presentation
- Portfolio Building
- Workshops for Children and Families