Our 600 SF darkroom can be rented by professional and amateur photographers, artists, students, and anyone else with an interest in keeping the “dark arts” alive. Membership is not necessary, but encouraged.
Our setup includes:
- Two Beseler 4×5 condenser enlargers. Available negative carriers include 35mm, 645, 6×6, 6×7, 6×9, mounted slide, and 4×5.
- One Beseler 23 CIII Variable Contrast. This enlarger has built-in contrast filters and a diffusion head. Available negative carriers include 35mm, 110, 126, 645, 6×6, 6×7, 6×9, 35mm half-frame, and mounted slide.
- Appropriate lenses are provided for the format in which you’re working – 50mm, 75 or 80mm, 105mm, and 135mm. All lenses are of Nikon quality or better.
- Each enlarging station also includes a four-bladed easel, 4-in-1 easel, contact proofer, digital timer, focusing sight, and contrast filters.
- Roll film and 4×5 sheets can be tank processed. Larger films can be tray processed. Stainless tanks and reels for 35mm, 120, 220, 620, 127, 116 and 616 film are available, as well as plastic tanks with adjustable reels and tanks for 4×5 film.
- One 6′ and one 4′ sink with trays up to 20×24.
- A vacuum frame and UV light source for cyanotype, salted paper, gum bichromate, platinum, vandyke brown, and numerous other contact printing methods.
- A mat cutter and 26×34 mounting press will be available during regular PhotoSynthesis business hours.
Darkroom users are asked to provide their own paper and chemistry. Our chemistry is also available for a small fee.
Hourly Darkroom Rental Rates:
Members: $5 (No charge for Burnside Darkroom Collective members)
Please consult our Facilities Use Policy.