Instructions for Entrants with Pieces Accepted to “Out of the Blue: Explorations in Cyanotype” Exhibition
Deadline for us to receive artwork: Monday, August 1, 2016 (but after Tuesday, July 19):
Congratulations on your accepted piece(s) to our Out of the Blue: Explorations in Cyanotype juried exhibition. Please follow these instructions carefully in order to avoid confusion and delays. Do not hesitate to contact us by email at email@example.com or by phone at 860-783-5443 if you have any questions.
1. All accepted images will be included in the show catalog. Proceeds of catalog sales will benefit the gallery and help to cover reception costs, and we thank you for granting us the privilege of including your work. Catalogs will be offered to exhibit artists at a discount.
2. We must receive work at the gallery after Tuesday, July 19, and before Monday, August 1, 2016.
- Frames should be metal or wood (preferably black, though white and neutral grey tones are acceptable), glazed with glass or acrylic, wired and ready to hang. Please use clean and undamaged frames.
- Mats should be white or off-white. Grey or black are acceptable if they benefit the image. Do not use colored mats.
- We understand that some pieces do not use conventional framing in their final presentation (photo sculpture, books, certain mounted photographs, etc.). If this is the case, please include all appropriate hardware and instructions for displaying your piece properly if it is not obvious how to do so.
- Each frame must have a label firmly attached to the back. Click here to download and print them.
- Include a price on the label for each frame. Gallery commission is 30% of this price. If you do not wish to sell the piece, please write “NFS.”
- Photographs must be well-packed and shipped with pre-paid return shipping and a return label. We will use the same box to return your work. Use extra care in packaging pieces using glass.
- UPS, FedEx, and USPS are all acceptable carriers. The post office does not allow for pre-paid return shipping labels, so if this is your choice, please write up a return shipping label and include it with enough postage. Please add appropriate insurance in both directions. You may also personally deliver the work to the gallery during normal business hours.
Please ship or personally deliver your piece(s) to this address:
136½ Pine Street
Manchester, CT 06040
3. Accepted pieces must remain up for the entire exhibition.
4. Accepted entries will also be posted on our website for the duration of the exhibition.