Our Digital Print Studio is available for image editing, film scanning, and printing up to 44″x90″ on fine art papers. This is a color-managed system—the monitor is calibrated and profiled and custom printer profiles are made in-house for all stocked papers.
Our Digital Print Studio includes:
- PC with 64-bit operating system and 8GB RAM, two DVD reader/writers, and flash card reader.
- Calibrated Lacie 24″ wide-screen monitor.
- Adobe Creative Suite, including Photoshop CS6 Extended, InDesign, Illustrator, Flash, Dreamweaver, and Acrobat 8. Other software includes Lightroom 4, QuadToneRIP, and nik software plugins for Photoshop.
- Epson 9900 44″ printer optimized for all matte, luster, glossy, and fine art papers, including canvas. This is currently the best pigment ink printer available, capable of outstanding color and black-and-white prints.
- Epson 1400 13″ printer. This is a dye-based inkjet printer for general use and smaller prints.
- Epson V-750 Scanner. Scan film, photos, or documents up to 8×10.
- X-Rite viewing box for evaluating your prints under different light sources.
Though you may bring your own papers, we prefer that you use ours due to color-management issues. You will charged for all prints made, in addition to the rental. Test and rejected prints are discounted 50% and remain the property of PhotoSynthesis. Following our suggested workflow will minimize issues of poor print quality. There is no charge for unacceptable prints due to equipment malfunction.
Rental Rates of the Digital Print Studio:
Hourly: $25 non-member
Member Session Fee: $10 (a session is your time here on any one day, no matter what the duration)
Materials additional, including prints, DVDs, CDs, etc. Time will be reasonably limited if others also require use of the workstation.
Please consult our Facilities Use Policy.